CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude Day 17



I read something today that really brought these moments of thankfulness to a new perspective for me. Do you ever feel like Thanksgiving Day has become a "thank you note" to God before we go back to our busy schedules? Thankfully, God pours out His blessings on us each day and not just occasionally. I am so thankful that He "daily loads me with benefits." Giving thanks is a gift not just to the person being thanked, but we give ourselves a gift when we show gratitude as well. Our load feels a little lighter, our steps have a little more bounce and our smiles grow when we show thankfulness. Try it and see for yourself! Meanwhile, here is my list for today.

My Bible - it is so worn, almost falling apart, and has writing and highlighting all throughout it, but I love that Bible.

Tanning in the middle of November.

Accomplishing a lot in a day.

KC starts tomorrow.

Words of wisdom straight from God.

Quiet time.

"Bless the Lord O my soul, and forget not all His benefits."
Psalm 103:2

2 comments:

Anonymous

I am thankful for friends who will let me call them and vent about my life (especially when I know there day is just as hectic as mine)

Beth

almost forgot!
My AOG # 17
beautiful days
beautiful family
beautiful friends