CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude Day 18



I found this story today and it inspired me, so I decided to share it with all of you! Hopefully it will bless you as it did me.

THE SHIPWRECK

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements and to store his few possessions. But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.

The worst had happened; everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger. “God, how could you do this to me!” he cried. Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him. “How did you know I was here?” asked the weary man of his rescuers. “We saw your smoke signal,” they replied.

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly. But we shouldn’t lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground–it just may be a smoke signal that summons The Grace of God.

Today, I have so much to be thankful for, as always!

Good reports.

Extra time.

Kid's Connection + IMPACT = AMAZING!

B-E-A-U-tiful sunset on the way to church.

Inspiring stories and verses that come right on time.

Energy to keep on keepin on even when my get up and go seems to have got up and went.

I am making it through this amazingly crazy, hectic month and seem to still be in one piece!

"So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations."
Psalm 79:13

1 comments:

Anonymous

I am thankful for Kids Connection!

Seeing the joy on my little girl's face and knowing that she heard the Word of God taught in a way that her little heart could understand.

Seeing my oldest son minister to others and knowing that God is using his young life to further his kingdom.

I am thankful for a family who has a burden for my children and their souls! Who take time away from their own family and lives in order to prepare to reach my children.