CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day



I am so thankful and blessed to be a mom to my 3 beautiful children! They are the reason that I do what I do. What a blessing it is to have little ones underfoot and watching them grow into who God created them to be. Is there any greater joy?? Becoming a mommy meant change, sacrifice, lack of sleep, and love unconditional.

I have a better understanding of God's love for me since I have become a mom.

Now that my children are getting older, I am reaching a different phase on this journey and, though I miss the days of them being so little, I must say that I love where we are! Having 2 teenagers in the house is often a wonderful mystery! Wasn't I just that age like, I don't know, maybe yesterday??!! How odd to see my children grow up before my eyes!

How blessed I am to see them pray, worship and love Jesus with all of their heart.

And, though Sunday was a special day, I am thankful that every day can be Mother's Day when we celebrate the joy of just being a mom - whatever that means in whatever stage you happen to be right now. Make the best of every day and be thankful for the time that you have with your children! Sometimes, we want them to hurry up and grow and then we forget to enjoy the journey. So take some time this week to breath and relax and slow down to just enjoy your children!

So, those are some of my random thoughts for today. Here are some pictures from our day.

Holly taught me how to be a mom - thanks for being the guinea pig!


Then, when I had it all figured out (NOT!), MaKenna came along and taught me to be a mom to a child who was TOTALLY different than Holly!


Then there is Caleb, who taught me to be a mom to an "all boy!" (And the learning continues!)


My mom and I - where it all began!:


Grandma and some of her grandkids on Mother's Day:

1 comments:

Anonymous

I hope you had a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day.
One of my greatest joys in life is being a mother. There is no better job in all the world.
I hope your week is going well and that you are enjoying yourself.
Love ya,
Melissa