CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

18 years

How did 2 weeks go by since my last post??? So much has happened since then that I am not sure that I will even be able to try to catch up. I will try to do a small post each day for the next few days to at least cover the highlights! Here goes the first.

On May 12, 1991, I married my best friend. We celebrated 18 years this year! WOW! It is hard to believe that 18 years have gone by while we have lived, laughed and loved. We were both so very young and knew nothing about life, but we knew that we were in love and that we could do anything as long as we were together! No, we did not know to pray about our decision, but thank the Lord that by His mercy and grace, we have grown together anyway as He would have us to. Over the years, we have both grown and changed so much, yet in many ways we remain the same. I am so thankful and amazed that through it all, we have chosen to remain steadfast in our commitment to each other and to our vow. It is only by God's grace! We are blessed beyond measure - not as the world measures blessings with material goods, but in countless ways that money can't buy. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Here are some pictures in case you weren't there! =D

My wedding party - Brenda, Nancy, Noel, Paris, Me, Mark, Steve, John, London and Terry:


Peargie, my "little" sister who now towers over me: (Is she adorable or what???!!!)


Bear, London and Jason, my "little" brothers, who also now tower over me!


The cake fight:


Can you believe he did this to me????


Us then:


Us now - still together after all these years!

4 comments:

Beth

Oh my gosh! It's MaKenna in a wedding dress! I never thought she looked like you but she does in that picture!

~Kimberly~

It is Makenna!! That looks just like her. You still have all that hair! I love you!
Congratulations!

Tammy

Thank you so much for sharing those pictures...too cute of the boys and you two look like you are in love more now than the day you were married! May Jesus bless you many more years to come...love you! Tammy

Anonymous

I think it is so awesome that you were not in church when you got married, but you both came into church after! I love seeing couples come into the truth!