CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Children's Crusade

Recently, we were blessed to be a part of a Children's Crusade at church. WOW! What an amazing weekend. Working with children is such an awesome experience that never ceases to leave me in awe.

For as long as I can remember, I have worked with children of some sort - my mom had 4 more children after I was 12, which I helped raise; I worked at La Petite for 3 years; I was an Elementary Ed. major in college; I taught in the public school system; I have tutored many children; I have homeschooled for 10 years, Sunday School, Junior Bible Quizzing and Kid's Connection.

All of those things were nothing compared to seeing children on their faces weeping before the Lord, pouring their hearts out to Jesus and feeling His presence. They are so innocent in their prayers and are honestly hungry for Him. They don't hold back anything when they feel Him near!

I left that day amazed, speechless, inspired, awed, encouraged, affected, astounded, excited, moved, influenced, exhilerated - I could go on and on! You can not totally understand unless you were there! Here are some pics from our time.

The teachers dressed up in "Crazy Praise" for the occasion:


Mark, Brother Collins and Edward - it doesn't get much crazier than this!


Kid's Praise:




Children's Evangelist Jeremy Joyce with Jonathan and Mark:


Prayer:






These children amaze and inspire me to follow hard after Jesus - He is the only One worthy of giving my everything to. I can't wait to continue to watch what He does in their lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous

Children are awesome. They are inacent and just give their all to God. I love seeing children travail in prayer.

Anonymous

Words cannot begin to express my thanks to you and Mark for this wonderful weekend that you gave my children. I know that you worked long hours to make this happen and I appreciate you and your sacrifices so very much. Seeing my children with their hands raised toward Heaven praising God blesses my heart more than anything else.