CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Has SpRuNg!!!!

It is always such an exciting time of the year to me when all things become new again. What was dead is now alive! Surely God has a plan and we get to see it unfold every year. I took some pictures of the new life happening around here to give hope to those of you still in the woes of winter =P

OK, this one is not really spring, but the kids and I thought that it was so cool - a homeschoolers opportunity. Do you see all the cloud formations in this one picture? What a great time to teach - while enjoying a beautiful day outside with my children!



The first new leaves on our crepe myrtle tree:


Our azaleas in bloom:

Our big maple (?) tree out front - I love when this one gets new leaves - every day there are more of them and they are open more:

I saved the most exciting one (to me!!) for last. We have had 2 little orange trees since Holly was about 9. When we moved in here, 2 1/2 years ago, they came with us. We planted them and fertilized them, but never have we noticed that they are growing or doing anything. Well, this year, we have blossoms on one of the trees! Aren't they beautiful!


We are going to try to plant a few new things this year and maybe some herbs or veggies, too.

What I really want is a chicken tractor!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

~Kimberly~

Oh, the orange blossoms make me soooo homesick for Florida, warm weather and family...you do realize we ARE sisters...by God's design.
I am hunt'n a tractor myself...hee hee! OOOOOoooooo...I hope you get one.
Love you and miss you so much

Tammy

Thanks for the memories of color so early on...it is just starting to get green around here and after the snow melted away yesterday it seemed even greener. Yep, we had snow in Spring...yuck! Love you, Tammy A.

Beth

cute new page!!!

Anonymous

Where are you all in the new picture? Everyone looks lovely as usual. I talked to my friend in Alaska today and they got 4 more inches of snow yesterday. Makes you love Florida all the more huh?

Tammy

Do you mean the picture on the top of my blog? If so, that was taken at Mt. Vernon on our vacation last year! It was soooo pretty there!