CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reality Check

The other day, as many days are around here, was quite full and busy. Before I knew it, lunch had come and gone and I had never cleaned up from breakfast, let alone lunch and had made bread in the middle. I looked up and noticed the kitchen counters overflowing with mess. Many people have this notion that I am always neat and clean and that my house is never messy and that I am always caught up on everything. Well, when I mentioned to MaKenna that I should blog what reality often is around here, she grabbed the camera and took these shots:





Pretty bad, huh? So, just to clarify, I really am not perfect, nor do I want to pretend to be - I am just me! I am striving with all that is in me to be what God wants me to be and often fail. I do try to keep up after everything and often do well, but some days, the demands on my time are too great and things like dishes have to wait! Does anyone out there know what I am talking about??!!

4 comments:

Anonymous

Tammy,
I know this is going to sound horrible and I'm ashamed that I'm even writing this but THANK GOD I'M NOT ONLY ONE WHO IS HUMAN! Some days I feel so alone in the fact that I can't seem to get everything done. I feel like all the other homeschooling mothers have it all together and I'm the only one who struggles. So while I am very sorry that your day got away from you and that you had to clean up a big mess. Just know that your mess blessed my heart and encouraged me. Thank You.

Tammy

Teehee! I love it...My counter top looked like that all weekend...ugh! But I am so thankful I got to see a picture of your kitchen again and wish I could've come over to help you clean...;-0

Beth

should have been doin those dishes instead of taking a nap!

~Kimberly~

That's stinkin' funny!! You are REAL and I love you for it!~ME