CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My turn!

I have been thinking for a few weeks now that I should post on here some of the yummy things we have been making - ever since the great response to the Dinner in a Pumpkin. But, I just haven't gotten around to it. But, I have been inspired by Beth to actually post some of them so you can enjoy them too! I know that I love to try new recipes, so why shouldn't you???!!!

We tried this recipe last week and can't seem to stop making them! I can tell you now that my resolution is going to need to be fasting from these cookies - they are so good! We make them a little more nutritious, though - does that help??


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (the name just grabs you, doesn't it????)


1/2 c. butter

1-1 1/2 c. sugar

1 egg

1 c. pumpkin (we used fresh, but canned would work too)

1 tsp. vanilla

2 1/2 c. flour (we used fresh whole wheat)

1 tsp. baking soda

3/4 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. each cinnamon and nutmeg

1/4 tsp. salt

3/4 c. chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 300. Cream butter and sugar til light and fluffy. Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Add rest of ingredients and mix well. (I also added some ground flax - I put this in almost everything!) It will be kind of thick. Scoop the size you would like onto ungreased baking sheet. They do spread out some. Bake at 300 for 22-24 minutes (based on size of your cookies, you may need to modify). It is important that they cook at the low temp for longer than regular cookies. They are kind of dense and cake like. Remove from oven, let sit for a minute or so, then remove to rack to cool. ENJOY!


These are soooo good - I know that you will love them!


More recipes to come soon - not just goodies, either. We have had some yummy meals lately! Can't wait to share with you!