CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful

As we are entering the season of advent, I have found myself doing a lot of soul searching. The more I read God's Word, the more I realize that I am not doing all that He has called me to do. This year, my heart's desire is to spend my time, money, focus and energies on the things that are important to Him and not get caught in the traps of the world. I am going to do my best to lean on Him and follow this verse:

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15

Simple - just be thankful! For faith, family, friends, food, homes, even for shoes, toothpaste, brushes, running water, things we truly take for granted. Do we even have any idea how blessed we are? A friend who went on a mission trip to Guatemala told of the Pastor's son who had outgrown his shoes. There was no money for more, so he had to cut the toes off of his old shoes so they would fit. Do I really know how blessed I am?

If you scroll to the bottom of my posts, you will see an inspirational video that you must see. (I only moved it to the bottom because I never know the content of the other videos youtube will include with the one I uploaded. If there is something objectionable, I will remove it). It just makes you think, you know. So, I pray that you will feel blessed, inspired and giving as we enter the season that we celebrate our Lord's birth.

0 comments: