CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

MaKenna is 13!!

It is so true that time flies. I was reading my sister's blog about growing pains with her baby and realized, it doesn't feel like it has been 13 years since that was me! But, it was and here I am with a beautiful young lady on my hands.

So, 13 years ago... I actually went into labor on the 7th in the early evening and she was born at 7:33 the next morning. It is pretty funny because there was a baby dedication scheduled for October 8th. (It had already been rescheduled to accomodate my new little arrival, but she came 2 weeks late and there was no changing the date again!) Sister Barbara called me about 8:30 to tell me that she did not expect any excuses, I should be at that dedication! Obviously she was kidding and we did not go. I had MaKenna at a Birthing Center (same as Holly) and, even with some mild hemorraging and a slight fever, we left about 2 1/2 hours after she was born to go home. She was a great baby from the start and Holly took to the big sister roll from the get go!

Today, I woke her up by singing to her and she woke with a smile. On bdays around our house, you get to pick the meals for the day, so I got to work making homemade buttermilk and spice muffins for breakfast - per her request. After breakfast was school - life does go on!!! (And she gets off Friday for the Southern Women's Show!)

Her lunch choice was tuna melts which we had with baby carrots (MaKenna doesn't care for carrots but eats them cause her momma tells her they are good for her - she even ate them today!). More school and then a quick dinner of leftover dinner in a pumpkin before leaving to set up for KC. We will have her real dinner tomorrow when we can sit down together and enjoy (we leave the house at 4 on Wednesdays!). She has requested Chicken Lozon, a house favorite!

After church tonight, we had her running favorite bday dessert for the past 5+ years - Chocolate Lovers CheesePie, which is basically like a chocolate chip cheesecake with melted chocolate on top. I make this for her every year, even though she can have whatever she wants - this is always it! Here she is cutting her "cake!"



I must add that I am very blessed. We have our situations and issues like any other family, but I am truly thankful for my children. MaKenna is growing up and becoming a wonderful young lady. She loves to bake, knit, cross stitch, scrapbook, read, drink tea, eat momma's home cookin', watch movies, read to her little brother - among other things. She is a blessing and has taught me so much. I am better because she is a part of my life! Happy Birthday!

1 comments:

Tammy

Happy, happy birthday MaKenna! Unbelievable, but so true what your mom said about you becoming a beautiful young lady! Keep servin' Jesus with ALL your heart and He will give you the desires of your heart! Love you, Sis T :-)~