CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

See You At the Pole 2011

{Somehow, I wrote this post and then forgot to publish it!  So, it is late, but better late than never, right?}

See You at the Pole is an annual event that I even remember from when I was in high school.  I remember the Christian kids at my high school inviting me to come to the flag pole on a particular morning to 'pray' - which I had never done and, had I admitted it, would have said that I thought it was weird.  One time though, I went out of curiosity and felt oddly drawn yet strangely out of place at the same time.  Sadly, I didn't go back...

This year, the youth pastor at our church organized an after event on See you at the Pole day for our youth service and it inspired me to get our homeschool group (or as many as possible!) together at our church flagpole - to join together and pray.  We had a nice sized group meet at our pole on 441for prayer and were joined by our youth pastor - we prayed for our nation, our state, our city, our community, our schools, our church and each other.  Here are some pictures from the day, minus the 2 photographers!




This time, I was able to participate without feeling odd or out of place and it was a welcome change.  The After Event was a great success, with lots of visitors from schools around town, including some of our homeschool friends!  God is doing great things and greater things are yet to come!  Did you participate in See You at the Pole?

0 comments: