CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Holly's 17th


The older my children get, the easier it is for me to remember being their age.  I mean, I was just 17 like, what, about 2 years ago???!!!  It feels like it anyway!  Well, what a special day we have had celebrating Holly and the beautiful young lady she is becoming.  I remember before she was born all of the hopes and dreams we had for her - all of the prayers that we prayed for the kind of young lady she would grow up to be.  Everyday, I watch with amazement as those prayers are fulfilled in her.  

So, what did we do today?  Well, around here you get to pick your meals for your birthday.  Holly chose Lemon Blueberry Scones for breakfast.  Ummm, can you say YUMMY??  These were the most amazing scones - very flavorful, moist and delicious.



Oh, we topped them with just a dollop of lemon curd, to make them even more lemony than they were!  WOW!

Then, we talked, worked on some school for a little while and had a pleasant morning.  For lunch, Holly asked for my Corn Chowder and Spinach Quiche.  Sorry, no picture, but just take my word for it - amazing!

After lunch, we ran some errands and got home in time for her chosen dinner - my special meatballs, mashed potatoes and baby carrots.  Again, no picture but boy did they taste good!

Thursday night is Ladies prayer night and so that's where we spent the evening.  What a great way for her to welcome 17 - with 2 amazing ladies (and none were me!) with a heart for our young girls who prayed with my girls and spent time with them in God's presence.  I am thankful for their dedication and burden.

After prayer, we came home to have dessert - Banana Split Pie.  Holly is good at picking out  great food to celebrate her day!  I do have a picture of this one:


 Yummy homemade graham cracker crust topped with a special layer of goodness, bananas, crushed pineapple, chopped walnuts, cool whip and a cherry on top!  What a special way to end her special day.

I have to say, that even in my greatest imaginings when Holly was born, I couldn't have asked for a better daughter than the daughter that God has given to us.   I love you Holly and pray God's greatest blessings on your life!

2 comments:

~Kimberly~

You are so lovely, Holly!
Happy Birthday! We love you very much!

REJOICING

Looks like a wonderful day! Looks like a YUMMY day too. I think I may have forgot to mention that Banana Split Cake is my all time favorite cake! :)