CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

2010 was an awesome and  memorable year for our family.  I can say that because God is good - all the time!  In the midst of our ups and downs for the past 365 days, He was right there with us.  Some of the highlights of our year were: 

*Holly turned 16 at the beginning of the year and we celebrated together with many friends and family. 

*Mark turned the big 4-0 this year!

*Homeschool Convention and Hadassah are ALWAYS highlights, every year.

*I took 2 college classes from January to May and completed both with a 99% A!  This enabled me to renew my Professional Teaching Certificate for another 5 years.

*We went camping and enjoyed some quality time, away from it all and together.

*God was our provider through many things - He never failed us once!

*We began a new homeschool curriculum and have experienced the trials, frustrations and joys of figuring it out and making it work for our family.

*Holly began playing the piano in youth services at church.

*MaKenna created many new little treasures that have amazed us.  All 3 of us girls have enjoyed creating through the year.

*Caleb grew more inches than I can count and is now about 3-4 inches taller than me and he is only 11 years old!

*We spent much quality time with great family and friends who brought meaning to all that we did.

*Our family grew spiritually as we read the Bible, prayed and fasted together in new ways.

I am sure that I left out many things that were just as important as the above!  These are just the few that jumped from my mind.

Goals for 2011, in no particular order, include:

*Growing closer to God in new ways, listening to His voice, seeing His hand and feeling His direction.

*Slowing down enough to enjoy the Here and Now. It is so easy to always be thinking about what comes next as we go through life.  I want to be able to enjoy each moment, while I am in it, and not be rushing to the next thing - even in my mind.

*Patience.  Yes, I just admitted that "out loud!  Waiting, patiently - whether for things in my life, my children, my husband, my family - waiting, trusting and doing it patiently.

*Learn, grow, accomplish, enjoy and BE. 

I am sure that I will add to this list, often daily.  Overall, the goal is to stay focused on my priorities:  God, my husband and my children being at the top of the list.  Everything else will bring added blessings!  I am looking forward to 2011 and all that it will bring for our family!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours!  May 2011 bring you many blessings as well!

1 comments:

Unknown

Girl, I do think we were cut from the same cloth. Our posts were just minutes apart, and carried many similarities...I love ya in 2011!