CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December Photo Project {2010} Day 22

A group of us recently went to the Grand Floridian Resort at Disney to watch a demonstration of creating a gingerbread house and to take in the scenery. So beautiful! I had never been to the Grand Floridian at all, let alone at Christmas, and just loved it!

Outside - I loved these deer!

Caleb, Tyler, Andrew and Corbin

In front of the tree in the lobby

The gingerbread house, with recipe - I won't be making this any time soon!

Pastry chef demonstrating her technique

All of the children

The full size house from above

The Christmas tree in the center of the lobby

A musician singing Christmas carols while the man behind her plays on a Steinway - Holly was drooling!

Christmas Tree made of gingerbread at the Contemporary Resort

After our fun at the Resorts, my family drove over to walk around Downtown Disney. It was terribly crowded, though, so we got on the water taxi and enjoyed a nice, relaxing boat ride back to Riverside (about 25-30 minute FREE ride!), then rode the 25-30 minutes back, got on another boat that took us to the other side of Downtown Disney and left! For as crowded as it was, we had a nice time on a beautiful boat ride.

Me, Holly and MaKenna on the boat - notice the bright yellow trees behind us.  Yes, we are in central Florida!  We have had so much leaf color change this year.  Does that mean an extra cold winter?  I think we are well on the way for that!

More of the trees

And still more.  The boat was moving, but you can still see the color!

Mark and Caleb trying to stay warm

Our view while waiting for the return boat

Reminds me of a northern fall!

Caleb and I on the return
We had such an enjoyable day being together and celebrating this season of hope as a family.

1 comments:

~Kimberly~

Oh My Golly! You guys are crackin' me up on a number of levels!! (stay'n warm)...lol lol! I love it so much.
Anyway, I love the Grand Floridian! Isn't it such a beautiful place. Great for pictures. It's my most favorite resort in the whole world!