CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Bible Quizzing

"Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against you"

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed"

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path"

There are so many reasons why I love being a part of Bible Quizzing, but these verses are among the most important! Hiding God's word in our heart is among the top 5 most important things that we can teach our kids to do - whether it is through Bible Quizzing, Bible Study, or another way that works for your family. But getting to be a part of a program where children around the country choose to spend their time memorizing hundreds of scriptures is a blessing and an honor.

This past Saturday, we hosted a combined Junior/Senior Tournament at our church. WOW! Walking around the building and peeking in on different classes was amazing. Children from ages 5-18 answering questions and quoting verses from the book of Luke was powerful. They know their scripture!

I had a lot going on that day and didn't get as many pictures as I normally would, but here are a few scenes.

Our Senior Quizzers - Amber, Holly, MaKenna and Katie:


Our Junior Team - Erica, Jared and Alexandria:


Our Beginner Team - Jiliane and Jeremiah. These 2 just turned 9 a couple of weeks ago and they are just AMAZING! They placed 2nd at our tournament.


Caleb hanging out with Andrew and Anthony from Belleview:


The Bradenton Team studying between quizzes. It does my heart good to see this!

0 comments: