CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

When I call on Jesus, ALL things are possible!

I had to come in and post this really quick - for someone! Some of you know that our pump went out on our pool last week. So, for a week, there has been 10,000 gallons of stagnant water in my backyard - not good! I am not wanting to grow tadpoles. Well, yesterday, we took the old one to a motor repair store and got it fixed. I brought it home, good as new, for Mark to hook up.

Well, when the guy fixed it, he added some things to make it more efficient, but the one piece was now in the way of us being able to hook it back up. By the time we realized this, he was closed. So, that meant that I needed to take it back in today.

However, Mark forgot to detach it from the pipes and since we are out of town for a field trip tomorrow, we HAVE to get this thing running TODAY!!! Well, I went out there and tried with all of my measly strength to get them off, to no avail. I called the guy at the motor store for help and he said, yeah - those are really hard (his emphasis) to get off - you need a tool or something.

Oh, boy. I was feeling a little nervous about how long this pool has had no pump. So, I called my husband. He suggested that I go to the neighbor and see if they have the tool (which Mark had in his truck!).

I went to 3 doors and no one was home anywhere! (These are people who work from home and they were not there. 3 of them!)

Well, I came home and went out to that pump. And you know what. I was desperate. I had tried everything I could think of, with no effect. Why do I wait until then to call on Jesus? Why does this tend to be a pattern in my life? Well, I don't know why, but here's what I did.

I prayed over that pump. Out loud. I prayed for me - for supernatural strength. I prayed for the pump - that it would loosen easily. I prayed In JESUS Name. Then, I tried again to turn that thing - with ALL my strength.

Let me tell you, God does have a sense of humor. Because I used ALL my strength and that thing flew off so fast that I face planted onto the pump. I even cut the inside of my lip! (not too bad)

I should have known better, because when I call on Jesus, in His name, ALL things are possible! I did not need all of my strength any more - because I was asking for His.

So, there you go. My testimony for today! Be encouraged that whatever you are going through, God is just waiting for us to call on Him to take over where our own strength fails. His strength truly is made perfect in my weakness.

3 comments:

Anonymous

What a testimony! Thank you so much for sharing this. I am guilty too of trying everything else before I try prayer. But I have found that when I am at my weakest that is when God can work in my life I guess it's because I'm too weak to fight him.

Beth

I have done the same thing over my dryer, open the door shut the door push the button..open the door, shut the door, push the button....at least 50 times before I actually lay hands on it and pray. I always have dry clothes!!

Ha my word verification is dumbus...coincident?

~Kimberly~

You're right!! All things are possible when I call on the name of Jesus!