CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Sacrifice

Tonight, we remembered the sacrifice that the Lord made for us on the cross by receiving communion. It is such a powerful experience for my family, one that I don't know that I can even put into words. To think of what Jesus did for me is humbling, to say the least. Easter is the most powerful holiday to me - to celebrate the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord. To remember that He went through it all for me. For my family. For all of you. How can I not love Him and serve Him and give my all to Him after all that He did for me?

Dr. Kloepper reminded us that there are 3 important truths we must remember:

1. We are ALL sinners. We can not do or be good enough. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

2. We ALL need a Savior. None of us can do anything to save ourselves.

3. That Savior is JESUS. He died on the cross for my sins, for your sins.

Without the sacrifice of what He did for me, I would have no hope in this world. Do you know that He died for YOU? Do you know that without Him, you would have no hope in this world?

The old song says it best.

'What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh precious is the flow, that washes pure as snow. No other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.'

It is my prayer that you remember what Easter is truly about throughout this weekend. That you realize that all that He did, He did for each one of us. To give us hope that this world can not give. If you let that truth sink in, it will change your life!

0 comments: