CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Yummy Dinner

Tonight for dinner, I made one of our new favorite dishes. It is called Sausage with carmelized apples and onions. Now, don't give up on it just yet! When I found it in the fall last year, we had just bought some chicken sausages with apples in it from Costco. I did not want to just make sausage, so I turned to the internet (what else?!) and found this recipe. It sounded odd to me and out of my comfort zone, but it also seemed appealing and worth a try. Well, from the first time we made it, it was a family favoite! So, I share it here for your pleasure and consideration! =)

Ingredients:

8 sausage links
3-4 tbsp. butter
4 onions, sliced
4 apples, peeled and sliced
6 tbsp. brown sugar
6 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Slice open the sausages down the middle and either grill or broil til golden. Melt the butter and add the onions. Saute til soft and translucent. Add the apples, vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper and saute til carmelized. This takes 10-20 minutes (or more, depending on your stove!).

Now, to put it together. We make brown rice with this and put a small mound on the plate. Put the apples and onions on top, then a sausage link. Tonight, we served this with veggies - brocolli, cauliflower, squash and baby carrots. Here is a picture:


So yummy and satisfying! Enjoy!

2 comments:

~Kimberly~

Ok, that does sound a bit different and I guess you WOULD HAVE to like onions, wouldn't you...;)
I just might venture out and try it. Thanks for the recipe.
Love you and miss you sooooo much!

Cloudy

I love your blog cause it's true and authentic: family life, daily goodies, friends. What else!
Keep going.