CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Universal and IOA

Monday, we decided to take a field trip to Universal and use the last of the tickets we had that a friend recently gave us. I LOVE free theme parks days! We left quite early and were the first to ride Jimmy Neutron, where we reminisced about being there with Tammy and Bryan last year. such fun times!

Caleb and I waiting. He is on his tippy toes to be taller than me - it doesn't take much!

Kaley, MaKenna and Holly waiting in line:

Such a beautiful, sunny Florida day:


Silly girls try on sunglasses in the I Love Lucy Museum and then ask to be photographed!

We ate lunch at "Mel's Diner" - jukebox and all - meal courtesy of the same friend. What a blessing!

OK, last before I end the post - We walked into a bookstore in Seuss land and there was a little bird flying around the inside of the store. It was obviously trying to get out and couldn't find the way. He even bonked into a window. I felt so bad for it. Finally, it landed near the door but seemed confused. I went over to kind of help it out the door and it just stood there and looked at me. I knelt down to shoo it out and it stood there still. Finally, it let me reach out and pet it!! It was the cutest little thing and I was just amazed!

This picture shows my finger just after the bird flew away. Unfortunately, the camera was too slow and the bird finally flew away before the flash. Take the last picture and superimpose the bird in where my middle finger is, and you will get the same effect!

We had a fun, long, exhausting day and will probably not go back for a long time - I am kind of over theme parks! Give me mountains, streams and fields any day over a theme park!

2 comments:

Beth

I'd like to get to know your friend!!
What a blessing!

Paris

When I saw the band-aid on your finger I thought you were going to say that he bit you. But I'm so glad he didn't! ;)

Looks like you all had a blast! :)
And yeah, what a nice friend!