CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Senior Quizzing Tournament + Chocolate = Happiness!

Holly and MaKenna and their teammate Amber Barnhill had their second tournament today in Palm Bay. Mark, Caleb and I were able to go with them - Yay!!! I love watching and being a part of Bible Quizzing. How is it, though, that sitting at a tournament all day can make you so sleepy?? I am really having a hard time staying awake to catch up on my blog!

Anyway, we got up early today and drove there to start quizzing at 9. I got to see some friends that I don't get to see as much anymore because they have moved up to seniors from juniors with their kids. It was fun to catch up with them. I also helped judge and that was great - but seniors is sooooooo different than juniors! Give me the little guys any day!

Ok, Ok, so the girls quizzed very well today. Their 2 other teammates have been sick and were not able to go this time, so it was just these 3 today. I am happy to say that all of the girls buzzed in and answered at least 2 questions correct each! And, at the end of the day, their team placed 2nd in the state! On top of all that excitement, Holly was the 2nd highest scorer of the day and received a silver medal. I am so proud of all 3 of these girls for commiting God's Word to their hearts and minds. They are dedicated, disciplined and true exaples of what Godly young girls should be like. I am thankful, too, for their coaches who commit their time to work with them each week - Darrick, Shanna, Denell, Christina and Natalie. Go Apopka!!

Being silly (after a loooonnngggg day of quizzing) with their 2nd place trophy)!


True beauty - inside and out: (MaKenna, Amber and Holly)


Holly with her silver medal -WOOT WOOT!!!


About to quiz - Amber, Holly and MaKenna with coaches Shanna and Darrick:

Next weekend will be a junior trip to Tampa. So much fun!


Oh, are you wondering where the chocolate comes in? Well, here is a freebie little extra nugget for you all. I read this recipe the other day and decided to try it. You take a devil's food cake mix and mix it with one can of libby's pure pumpkin. Do NOT add anything else - NOTHING! It will be thick. Mix well and then put into muffin tins - either greased or lined with muffin papers. Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes and they will come out like brownies! So yummy and much more nutritious than brownies! We added cool whip and strawberries and boy oh boy was that good! I may go make one right now! Here is what it looked like when MaKenna made hers last night:
Yummy!

3 comments:

Paris

I was feeling all happy and excited after reading about your quizzing but now that you posted that last picture I have to take those feelings back!! I'm drooling over the idea of a pumpkin/chocolate brownie! Ahhh!

oh, and I changed my personal blog name to something different. it's in my blogroll if you want to update yours. sorry, but I am trying to find the name that fits me best, I think this one might stick, though it is long.

April

Congratulations to the girls for doing so well at quizzing! That is awesome!!!!

Anonymous

Hi! I'm behind you.
Good luck!