CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

What next?

I have been a little torn about what to post about the past couple of days. Am I the only one who goes through that? So, here are a few updates on what we have going on.

We are back to school this week - YEAH! I love structure and the routine of being home with my children, so it truly is a YEAH for me. It is hard to believe that the school year is 1/2 over already.

We are back to Bible Quizzing season and had a great kick off practice the other night with about 10 kids - too exciting! I was speaking to the parents about their role in this ministry and Holly and MaKenna told me after that I sounded like one of the speakers at Homeschool Convention - I took that as a compliment and realized that I must have missed my calling! Any takers on booking my first appearance?????? Tee hee!!!!!

I guess the big news this week is all the great deals I have been getting at CVS and Walgreens. I read somewhere recently that it is not about how much you save, it is about how little you spend and I can see that as being good advice. Even in the midst of getting great deals, if you are still spending more than you should, it is not a good deal. But, I was able for next to nothing to stock up on hair products that the girls and I go through like crazy, cereal, girl products, splenda and oatmeal. If you are not doing CVS and Walgreens, let me say that you are missing out. You should head to couponmom or moneysavingmom and get the info to get started - or comment me and ask what to do - I would love to help you! I will not pay full price again for shampoo, hair products, TP, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. because I know the blessing now of getting them free or almost free. I have been avidly at this for a year now and it just keeps getting better!

So, that is about it in the DeVore house lately. I am finding myself wondering what God has next for me. Do you ever hit a dry spell and wonder if you are really doing what He wants you to do? I just don't always feel very effective in the things I am involved in. I know that it is not about me, it is Him and that it is not always in things we can see that is the evidence, but... I don't know! Any thoughts?

Well, this has been a very random blog and I am through rambling for now! Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com

I found your blog doing a search for Emily Barnes. I'm reading her Creative Home Organizer book too. I enjoyed visiting your blog. Happy new year.
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com

Beth

It was so funny tonight. Troy was turning channels and the golden globes were on and we laughed at how these people were getting awards for memorizing lines! And everyone clapping and cheering for the winner.....for memorizing lines! We budget, clean, shop, teach, cook and where's the show that gives an award for that? Clear a spot on your blog shelf friend, for her outstanding Faith and Love for her family and her role in being a part in the body of Christ, this award goes to Tammy DeVore for being an overcomer!! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP....:)

Tammy

OMW - Beth you crack me up! That was too funny - and a merry heart does good like a medicine, right? Keep the giggles coming! Really, though, I could get on a soapbox about the distorted views of the world today about the things that are really important! But, in my acceptance speech, first, I would have to give glory to God - without Him I am nothing! I also would like to thank my children and my husband - the most important people in my life! Then, I would like to thank all my dear friends and family who are always there to pray with me and for me - I couldn't do it without any of you! I am honored, Beth and would like to nominate you - my fellow overcomer! Thanks for the smiles!!!!!