CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

He Makes All Things New



We had the most incredible services at church this weekend. The prevailing theme was that God makes all things new and boy, am I thankful that He does. Even today, I am overwhelmed by all that happened. It is such a blessing to know that He knows right where I am and that He sends help right on time. My help this time came in the form of two random people who don't know the details of my life any more than a stranger would, but who God sent to give me a word from Him that was exactly what I needed. I write this to encourage you to keep your eyes on the Lord in this new year and to remember that He knows where you are and that He truly does make all things new!

Isaiah 43:19-21 - "Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen. This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise."

So, today I am thankful:

...that I know an "on time God."
...that God knows right where I am and He cares.
...that He never leaves me nor forsakes me.
...that He makes all things new.
...that He provides - did you see in the verse above that the animals will praise Him when they see that He provides for His people - even rivers in the desert! Does anyone but me feel like sometimes life is a desert? Take heart - God will send rivers!
...that He holds me in the palm of His hand.
...that I have reassurance that He is guiding and directing me, even when I can't see the way.
...that my children love the Lord and respond to His moving.
...that He gently and patiently reminds me when I start to go my own way.
...that He loves me.

There is so much more, but that is all I have time for right now. I pray that you are blessed and that you remember the God who makes all things new and that you keep your eyes on Him. I will leave you with a family favorite verse:

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

0 comments: