CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 23, 2009

More frost and life...

Well, it has been a might cold here in sunny Florida the past few days. We have had frost on several mornings in a row and there were icicles on a sign out front as well as on the planes at the airport! So much for global warming! Here are some pics of our pretty frost outside:







BTW - I realize that for those of you who see this as a daily occurance 8 months out of the year, this is nothing. But here in Florida, it is a complete change and one that we celebrate - and then pray for a quick return of the warm sun to thaw us out!

As for life, we are busy but well. Holly is rapidly ending her first year of High School while MaKenna finishes her last year of middle school. Oh boy... I truly love every step of the journey and am so thankful that I am still able to homeschool my children! What a blessing. Our family has made many so called "sacrifices" in order for me to stay home with them, but I wouldn't trade this for anything! Those things will pass with time, but my children and I will always have the memories we have built and the bond that we have shared for their whole life.

We are also preparing for one of my sisters and her family to come to town this weekend. Today is my mom's birthday and we will have some time to celebrate with her tomorrow.

Holly and MaKenna have their first quiz tournament of the year tomorrow as well, so we have quite a few things going on right now. How fun! I will keep you posted on the events ASAP! Have a great weekend!

0 comments: