CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Family

This weekend, my sister, her boyfriend, her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend came to visit from south Florida. We haven't seen them in quite a while, so it was nice to finally get to visit!

Part of the reason they came when they did was to celebrate my mom's and brother's birthdays. January is a crazy month in our family. Here is the bday roll for this month - my best friend Kimi, Holly, Mark's twin aunts, London, Mark's mom, our sister-in-law, Paris, Jason and Bear, Kimi's daughter Micaylah, my mom, Kimi's son Garrett, Paul and now Travis - Kir's boyfriend. (I hope I didn't leave anyone out - if I did, it was an accident!) Whew - January is a busy month around here. So, we normally celebrate my mom and brother's all at the same time at my house with my homemade Lasagne, salad and cake. This year was no exception.

Brenda came on Saturday morning and we finished up dinner prep before everyone else arrived. We had a yummy dinner - salad, lasagne, texas toast and sweet tea. My mom had mentioned again how much she loves eclairs, so I got brave and made a batch - yummy!!! They were quite divine. I also made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for the boys. We sang happy bday to everyone here who had a January bday and ate some more!

That evening, we played games and watched a movie before hitting the hay. Sunday after church, we had lunch together at Tijuana Flats, then went to visit my grandmother, who will be 82 next month, and my aunt - my mom's sister. My sister and her famiuly left too soon, but we did have a nice time together while they were here. More memories were made that will last forever! Here are some pics of our weekend:

Me and Brendie in the kitchen cooking up trouble, I mean, dinner!


For my mom's bday, Brenda, Paris and I gave her a photo book that I spent an entire day creating online! It was the coolest thing. You go to the website (we used picaboo), upload your pictures and then create layouts using your photos. You can add words and change the backgrounds. The book turned out so good. Here she is with Bear and Kir looking at the book:


Brendie and Maggie became fast friends:


Brenda and Paul - True Love Forever! (this was just a joke, BTW!! - the pic, not the true love part!)


The whole gang Saturday night. From left to right:Jason, Bear, mom, Brenda, Paul, Caleb, London (the cool one in the shades), Kir, MaKenna, Travis, Holly, Mark, Me and Maggie.


Everyone who went to visit my nan (grandma). L to R - Paul, Caleb, Travis, Kir, Brenda, Bear, mom, nan, Aunt Penny, MaKenna, Holly, Mark and me:


Nan with 4 of her great grandkids:


My mom and nan with mine and Brenda's kids. Why didn't Brenda and I get in there for a 4 generation picture?? I don't know what we were thinking, except that it was pretty warm out there and the sun was very bright! Maybe our brains were melted.


Brenda and I: