CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Hello to all my friends and family in blogland. I pray that you have all had a happy, healthy and safe holiday filled with all things you love the most.

We spent the last 2 days baking, laughing, singing and being together. Baking is even more fun when your children are involved with you.


MaKenna made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies:



Holly made buckeyes:



We also went carolling 2 more times! Now, I must add that if you have never gone carolling before, you should do it! It is so rewarding and fun and meaningful.


Yesterday we delivered our regular Meals on Wheels and some goodies and then sang. We were able to pray with a couple of people as well.

Here are all of us who went this time:



Then, today we went to Florida Hospital and sang for those who had to spend Christmas day in the hospital. Wow! It was really a great experience. It will be an annual tradition for our family. We sang as we walked through the hallways, passing out candy canes, goodies and beanie babies to those we saw along the way. I hope that maybe you will feel inspired to try it and I know that you will be blessed!

Ok, here is a Christmas present from you to me! We made this yummy bread for breakfast this morning:





It was so yummy and easy. I used my homemade dough, but you can buy 3-4 cans of biscuits as well. You just chop up a small green pepper and a small onion and mix them together. If you are using dough, pull our small pieces and roll into balls and put into a large bowl with the green pepper and onion. If you are using biscuits, cut each one into 1/4's and do the same. Add cheese and bacon bits, put a lid on and shake gently till the dough is well coated. Put into a well greased bundt pan and let rise. When ready to go in the oven, pour a stick of melted butter over the top and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or till lightly browned. Mmmmmmm - so good!

Last picture for now - here is Maggie all tuckered out after her first Christmas with us:





Isn't she cute?? My computer is giving me a problem uploading a couple of pics of things the kids made for Mark and I, so that will have to wait for another post. I am going to go relax after a full, wonderful Christmas Day!

2 comments:

~Kimberly~

What a wonderful thing to get to do for that hospital and those people. I know they were so blessed to have you all come.
love you and Merry Christmas, Kimi

Tammy

Happy belated, Merry Christmas! I love that y'all went out singing for everyone again! You are a true blessing and show Jesus light. I love the group that went for Meals on Wheels as well. We were with y'all in Spirit! Love you, Tammy