CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Homemade Gifts

The girls had a wonderful surprise for me on Christmas morning. They bought a skirt at the thrift store that I had commented that was really cute, but too short and converted it to an apron! They cut it apart and then hand sewed the seams, cut off 2 small strips to make straps and then hand sewed those as well. Then, they took a piece of extra material that I had and made a pocket which they hand sewed on and then they hand embroidered Marmee (which is what they call me) onto the pocket. It is really cute and so special because they made it just for me with love! I am so blessed!

Here is the apron:



Here is a close up of the pocket:


For Mark, they did the funniest thing! We found this book at the library called "Ductigami" about making things out of, yep, you guessed it, duct tape! Well, Mark being a guy who firmly believes in the power of duct tape, we knew we had to make some things for him. So, we started with an apron that he can use when he is grilling. From there, we decided to make a hat. The hat is not pictured to protect the innocent, but let me just say, don't attempt a duct tape hat - they are not a pretty site! They also made him a wallet and one for Caleb too. The only material used on any of them was duct tape. Pretty cool huh? Or weird, depending on how you look at it!

Here is Mark wearing the apron and holding the wallet:

2 comments:

Beth

very cute! you guys have me wanting an apron!

Tammy

Oh my word! I absolutely love your apron, T! Awesome job, girls! Mark, I'm speechless...it's so you! Now, Bryan wants one...I guess we'll have to come down for some lessons. I wish! Y'all are so cool. We love and miss you tons. Love, Tammy