CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Prayer for a Nation

I am sure that I am not alone in the fact that I have spent a lot of time in prayer for our nation the past couple of weeks.


The Bible says: "If MY people which are called by MY name shall humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)


Isn't it odd that it is His people, those called by His name who are asked to pray and turn from their wicked ways? Why are we not doing that already? As God's people, we need to be on our knees asking for forgiveness and turn our hearts back to Him, completely - not the part that is leftover after we have given our all to other things. He who created us, redeemed us, blessed us, saved us, deserves what is first and best from us - how could we give less when He gave His all???


I will be continuing to pray for our nation over the next couple of days and hope that you will join me.

3 comments:

Beth

I have been praying with you.

carandavis

It's amazing how easy it is to take our religious freedoms for granted. Situations like this help us wake up to the blessings we have.

Tammy

Amen! I agree fully and have had some awesome prayer for this election and country. Our church is having special prayer tonight for our nation so we will be praying with y'all again as well. To God be the glory! Love you, Tammy