CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Blooming Bromeliads and Coupons

The other night, the kids and I had some time on our hands (gasp!!!) and decided to work on some much needed yard work. We trimmed up the plumbego, fertilized the orange trees, the Hibiscus tree, the Crepe Myrtle tree and repotted the plants around the pool deck. In the midst of this activity, I noticed that some of my bromeliads had started to bloom! They are just beautiful:

I guess all of the things we did out back put me in the mood to get some things in order in my house, too. So, I got up very early one day and worked on lots of those little clutter piles that I never quite get around to anymore and that felt so good. Well, not one to waste time, I decided to tackle a new project. Coupons. Since I have seriously been following ads and faithfully using coupons to get many items free or very cheap, I have longed for a coupon makeover that would make the search for what I needed easier and more effective. So, here is what I did. I went to the Office Supply store and bought a set of sheet protectors meant for baseball card collections and a set of adhesive tab dividers. Then, I came home and sorted all of my coupons even better than they were before - by item, not just category. For instance, before, all of the toiletry items were together in one pouch and now I have separated toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc. I attached my tab dividers, labeled them and began adding the coupons - one item per pocket, like this:


I think that I can make it even better, but this is working for now and it took so long to do, that I was ready for a break and something else to do! So, let me know if you have a better way or something that you do for organizing. I'd love to hear your ideas!

3 comments:

Paris

That is such a cool idea! My only problem is that I only have a few coupons. Where do you get yours from?

Tammy

I get some from the Sunday paper every week, but others I get from sites like couponmom. They always have links to pages like coupons.com that you can print what you like. Once you start collecting, it stacks up VERY quickly - which is why my little tiny organizer was not effective anymore!!!

~Kimberly~

Wow! I want to do that too...but I don't have that many coupons.

We get some in the mail and newspaper. I'll have to check out the other sites.