CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Am I on Candid Camera?

This has been the oddest day! It began with our cat unhappy with another cat out back and causing quite a rucous. Next, Holly came out asking if we could have pancakes. Homemade pancakes take quite a while, but are so worth it that I agreed!


After breakfast began our school day. And this is where everything went haywire. Holly and I began to play around and get some giggles out which ended with all of us involved. After setting down, all of us got busy with our responsibilities.


Suddenly, Holly comes running out of her room saying, hurry, come out back! Well, we all jumped up and ran out back where we noticed a HUGE (like Old Faithful size) geiser of water coming from in front of the house that backs up to ours. Sounded like a good opportunity for a spontaneous field trip! So, we loaded into the van with no shoes and drove around the block to see what was up. By the time we got there, they had shut off the fire hydrant, but the street was quite flooded! We never did find out what happened with it. So, with the excitement over, we came home to try to get serious about our day.


We managed to get some work done. Then, MaKenna and I went to work in the kitchen - working on dinner, preparation for breakfast tomorrow and dinner tomorrow. As we were cleaning up, I turned the water on in the sink and suddenly, the water hit something in the bottom of the sink and it caused a fountain of water to come up over the edge and all over the floor! I am not sure what was happening with water today!


MaKenna and I got a lot of work done, though! But it wasn't over yet! As we continued to work, our next surprise appeared! We noticed out the back door ANOTHER fountain of water, right on our back porch! Someone had accidentally left the hose on with the nozzle attached and it burst a hole on the side and was spraying out all over the porch! Third times the charm? But for what, I am not sure!


At this point, I was honestly looking for a camera somewhere! What a crazy Monday! I hope that yours was a little more settled than mine! But, all's well that ends well and ours did - but it sure made for a good story, don't you think?

2 comments:

Beth

And out of your belly will flow rivers of living water! I bet it's the natural mirroring the supernatural, and all your praying is causing the pipes to break loose!! HA!! :)

Tammy

HA! Beth you are on to something wonderful! I agree completely...but my day was a bit different as well and I'll be sure to post about it when it's over by Friday...Love you and glad that y'all did float away.