CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday's Thoughts

Today was a busy day and I almost didn't get a post in. I am just sitting down for some P&Q and decided to post quick before the day is over!

I continue to think on a very profound statement that Brother Willoughby, missionary to Singapore, said when he visited our church recently. I am able to quote him, because when he said it, I had to write it down and have looked at it constantly since then. He said,

"The greater aspects of trust are not learned when God answers prayers the way I want Him to."

You might want to read that again before you move on and really think about that for a minute.

We can have faith without trust, but God's purposes are bigger than mine. I must go through situations in life that we help me learn to truly trust Him for everything, not just have a faith in Him. When I learn to wait on God and trust Him for His answers, in His time, I learn to take my eyes off my situation and put it on Him, which is where it should be in the first place.

Have you ever read Zechariah 13:9 that talks about gold and silver being tried in the fire? In order for gold ore to be purified and separated from the other minerals contained in it, it must be placed in the fire and melted down - changed from what it is when it is found and made into something new, something better. So it is with us. We go through trials, a sort of "fire," and through the process (provided that we are willing and pliable by His Spirit) we come out pure, changed into something new and better than we were when He found us, and we learn to trust in Him. I am so thankful to know that my life is in His hands, that I am not my own and that I have been bought with a price. I can't even imagine living this life without Him. He grows sweeter to me as the days go by and He continues to amaze me - through His Word, His answers to prayer, His patience toward me and my daily mistakes, His precious love and mercy, His mighty signs and wonders.

0 comments: