CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 20, 2008

What a week!

Wow - this week has had some crazy things and each one could be a different post on its own! Monday, Mark and I finally got in a date night and we went to Red Lobster - yummy! For a special treat, we even went to the library to return books!! The kids took care of themselves and had a good time together. Tuesday, I decided that we needed to make something special for our neighbor who had been in the hospital. Well, I had lots of bananas and we decided to make banana bread. Well, I have been making banana bread for more years than I care to confess and have never had this happen:


It just bubbled over like a volcano! Needless to say, my neighbor did not get that banana bread. Back to the drawing board!

Wednesday was new tires on the van after Meals on Wheels. Well, that was a whole nother adventure that we don't have time to do right at this time! Suffice it to say that we got rained on, told wrong time frames, charged wrong for purchases and stranded for about 4 hours! We made the best of it (though I was feeling a little crabby by the end of it all!) and decided that we were just making memories.

Thursday, Caleb had an appointment at the orthodontist. Many of you ask me how his teeth are doing and we finally have one of the top middle ones move over the bottom teeth! One down and one to go. He got red, white and blue bands in honor of the 4th! We came home and finally got some good banana bread made for our neighbor! That evening was ladies prayer which is just an awesome prayer group! I am so thankful for those who come every week and last night was an especially awesome time in God's presence. It was hard to leave.

Friday (today) the kids and I were planning to leave in the morning for their State Finals in Jacksonville and stop at the fort in St. Augustine. Well, Caleb came to me at 7 asking if he could take a shower. Now any of you who have had or have now and 8 year old boy knows that this is not normal behavior! He said he felt hot from the inside. Uh-Oh! He took a shower to try to cool off, but when he came out, he had a 100.1 fever. After a call to the Dr. and an appt. decided that he has strep - rapid onset of fever followed by headache, tummy ache and sore throat, the tell tale signs. So, needless to say, our trip was cancelled and Holly and MaKenna will go to State Finals with Darrick and Manisha and I will stay home with Caleb. I am so sad to not be able to be there! He is sleeping right now which is good for him, especially since he had a hard time keeping his medicine down. The girls are preparing for their tournament and our family covets your prayers!

So, that is the end (so far!) of my weird week! I feel blessed through it all through so many little things that have happened along the way to remind me to keep my eyes on the Lord and not on my circumstances. I am not saying that I am always successful at this, but I am trying!
I decided to leave you with some pictures of my adorable puppy - lots of you don't get to see her and ask how she is. Well, she is a stinker, but she is so sweet, too! We have been putting barettes and pony tales in her hair and she looks so cute! Although she is not extremely photogenic, here are some of my favorites:


I love this profile shot! She has a little clip in.


These are her piggy tales - I need to get smaller bands, but these work for now!


She has been very concerned and protective of Caleb today and has kept a close eye on him - even sharing his pillow during a nap!

So, now you are caught up on the happenings in our life this week! Hopefully, you have had a blessed week, too!

3 comments:

Paris

OH MY GOODNESS!!
Your banana bread... haha what happened Sissy? It looks like you forgot something..like flour?
Poor Caleb! I hope he feels better soon! Give him big bear hug for me! Oh, and Maggie is adorable! We should talk this weekend if you have a few minutes... I love you!

Tammy

Well, MaKenna and I were making it together - I know flour was put in and don't feel like we left anything out - it tasted AWESOME, just looked yucky!

Paris

Well that's all that counts anyways! I should have known that even a messy looking banana bread made by YOU would taste amazing!!! ;)

Can we schedule a time to call each other that works with our minutes and schedules? Please?!!!! :(