CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

BLUEBERRIES!

Tuesday, our family received an awesome opportunity and blessing. A friend of a friend has a blueberry farm and their harvest season was over, with their pickers getting all they needed (I gues??) - I found it hard to believe because there were still so many awesome berries on those bushes. So, we went to the farm and picked blueberries for about 3 hours. The "fruit of our labor" was about 40 pounds of blueberries for my family! YUMMY! And these are the best blueberries that I have ever tasted. So that was the opportunity - the blessing was that we didn't have to pay for them! Their season is over and they are able to prune their bushes - anything still on them will be wasted. It was so hard to leave that day knowing that there were still so many good berries on the bushes that were not going to be able to be used. I wanted to pick them all! HOWEVER, coming home and taking care of our 40 lbs. made me reevaluate that thought! So, we will be making blueberry cobler and blueberry pie and blueberry parfait and blueberry smoothies and blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins... If you have a great blueberry recipe, feel free to share it with us! We have already made some muffins and pancakes as well as just popping them constantly in our mouth! They are sooooo good!!!! MMMMMMMMM, MMMMMM!!!! Am I making you hungry???? HeeHee! Well, if you see us soon and we look a little blue tinted, now you know why! Here's some pictures of our day:

The Boys (Jonathan, Devin, Colin, Caleb and Braden)

The Girls (MaKenna, Priscilla, Megan, Caitlin, Katie, Holly and Amber)

2 comments:

~Kimberly~

How fun!! It looks like you all are enjoying the springy season. I love it!

I love blueberries...everyone loves blueberries even if they don't like to eat them. They're pretty to look at and make jam with and smear on a thick slice of toast. They even look good piled into a bowl sitting on your counter with oranges and strawberries.

Mmmmm...can I have some?

I love you guys~Kimi

Paris

How fun! 40 lbs of blueberries! I'm drooling! I wish we were closer and could come over for some blueberry cobbler! That is one of David's favorite desserts and I'm sure yours is the best of course! I'm going to try to take a nap and maybe call you tonight, but if not, I think somebody has a birthday tomorrow so I'll definitely call you then! I love you!