CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thankful for the seasons in my life.

Today started out as just a perfect day. I took Maggie out back for a walk and got caught up in the beauty of God's creation. While I stood still and surveyed it all - the bright blue sky with the warm sun on my neck, the woodpecker in a tree over my head, the air filled with the songs of birds lifting their praises to our Creator and the soft breeze on my skin - I had to stop and just thank the Lord. Maggie must have felt how special it was, too, because she even stopped and sat down beside me, observing it all. It really is true that God speaks to us in the softness of a still small voice, and often we can only hear Him when we just stop and allow ourselves to listen. As a breeze came along, I noticed more dead leaves shaken from the trees and watched as they fluttered to the ground. It made me realize how perfect God made everything. If this time of the year didn't deliver those breezes, how would those dead leaves be shaken off and room made for new growth. Well, let me tell you, that was the beginning of what God wanted me to get from Him today! I felt like He was showing me a truth for people, not just nature. Now, stay with me here and remember, I am not a spritual giant, but I really did feel that the Lord planted this in my heart! So, I thought that our lives, as we know, go through seasons. Sometimes, we are in Summer and life feels so good and light and happy and carefree. Things are going well and you haven't a care in the world. You are close to the Lord and have regular time to spend in His presense. Then, other times we are in Fall, with hard work and a harvest on our hands that comes forth with worthwhile labor and love. We still feel the Lord, but maybe are a little too busy to always just bask in His presense. Sometimes, though we are in a Winter. It is cold and we feel alone and empty, with not much growth or change in our lives. We wonder if we will even make it through this time. Then, when we feel like we can't take it, a storm comes - it blows and howls and we wonder how can the Lord let this happen? Where is He right now? Well, as I watched those leaves fall, I GOT it! When that storm comes, He is getting those dead things out of us and cleansing us, making us feel again our need for Him. When we allow Him to shake those things from our lives, only one thing can happen - new growth and healing that prepares us for a glorious Spring of resurrection. Now, this may not make sense to anyone but me, but that's OK, because it made perfect sense and was just so reassuring to be reminded that He is always there - in any season or at any time, I can feel safe in trusting in Him! I pray that this blesses and encourages you like it did me!

3 comments:

carandavis

wonderful insight! thanks, Tammy ...

~Kimberly~

How many times we don't realize, the very season we are in. God is waiting to make it happen...just for us.

What an inspiration you are!!

I love you~thanks for sharing your heart.

Anonymous

Amen to that, T! It makes perfect sense.