CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 11, 2011

My Best Deal Yet

Many of you know that I have been into Extreme Couponing for almost 4 years now.  I learn more all the time about how to be the best steward possible with the resources that we have at our disposal.  The competitive side of me comes to life when I am faced with the challenge of limited finances to feed, clothe, house, etc,. a family of five plus three pets.  It is so fun and rewarding, though, to rack up the savings!  Recently, I had one of the best shopping trips that I have ever had in all of my couponing - major stockpiling going on here!  Here is the lowdown of my steals buys!  (My kids once asked me if I ever felt like I was stealing when I leave the grocery store - because I pay so little!  Nope - I do this fair and square!)

Bought:

32 boxes of Muellers pasta - various kinds
8 lbs of chicken leg quarters
2 1/2 gallons of Blue Bell Ice Cream
16 cans of Green Giant Veggies
26 cans Hunts and Muir Glen tomatoes and tomato sauce
2 1/2 gallons of Silk Almond Milk
1.5 Liter Aquafina Water Bottle
2 cans of Skintimate Shave Gel
2 cans of Pam Cooking Spray
1 Publix Bakery Whole Grain Baguette


Total before coupons:  $148.27

Total after coupons:     $10.11


Total Savings:           $138.16


Not bad for a days work - I LOVE saving money and I LOVE Publix!  Now, off to menu planning with my finds - I think we may have some sort of pasta, what do you think?!

5 comments:

Unknown

Fantastic! That is a great haul!Thank God for Couponing...it has literally fed our family on a shoestring budget! The great thing is ANYONE can do it with just a little planning...I have only been doing it since August 2010, and I've brought our grocery budget from about $1200 a month to under $300 per month! Each month gets better because of learning new tricks!

Beth

You deserve the "Q ponner" award with that deal!!! Awesome!

Paris

Holy cow that is impressive! How did you do it? I have yet to even see a coupon here in NZ!

carandavis

Wow!

~Kimberly~

What a fabuloso event Tammy!!
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

ps...thanks for the tips and tricks you've shared with me. I'm looking forward to the savings!