CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

End of Summer Reflections

It is already the first day of September! September always takes me back to childhood in Pennsylvania where school started the day after Labor Day. It meant baking, apples, jackets and breezes. In Florida, not much changes from August to September (or October, November, etc!). In spite of that, I always start thinking about baking, apples, pumpkins, walks outside, etc. at this time every year. The change of seasons (not necessarily summer or autumn, but seasons of our lives as we go through the changes around us) is so exciting to me! It is a time of renewal, no matter what season we are going into, because there is an element of change and expectation of things to come.

There is also always a time of reflection of what was accomplished in the previous few months. That is where I find myself today. What did I do with my summer (that is suddenly over) that was meaningful? I always expect too much of myself as far as what I will be able to/want to accomplish, and this summer was no exception. However, we had a great summer nevertheless! We accomplished a lot of organizing, planning and rearranging. We helped friends, several times around, and enjoyed the rewards of hard work, good times and fond memories while doing so. We had fun together - doing things {beach, day trips, conferences, etc.}, and doing nothing {reading, being home, playing games, watching favorite movies}. We stayed busy with church involvement, piano lessons, friends, couponing, and everything already mentioned above.

Basically, while we did nothing "spectacular" or "out of the ordinary," we had a summer with no regrets - only wonderful things to look back on in years to come. Sometimes, MOST times, it is truly the simple things that make all the difference. Hope your summer was just as amazing as mine!

0 comments: