CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Checking in...

It has been a little while since I blogged and I felt like it was time for a check in.  Then, I sat down to start a post and couldn't think of a thing worth posting!  I hate when that happens.  So, here is an update on where I am in my life with the newest event - I went back to school! 

Yep, that's right.  A few weeks ago I started two classes that I have to take to keep my teaching certificate up to date.  I was very apprehensive and nervous about going back to school, seeing that I graduated from college in 1993!  And back then, I had no children, no homeschooling, no ministry involvement, no true adult responsibilities!  All that said, I chose to take 2 online classes, hoping that would help a little bit. 

So, I am in my 4th week of classes and, so far, so good!  I am taking Teaching Strategies, learning various methods, techniques and strategies to teach all types of students and Technology for Educators, learning all about technology and how to use it in an educational setting.  I am fascinated with the 2nd class - it is very challenging, but it is right up my alley for creativity, computers and integrating all of this in a classroom (homeschool or otherwise). 

I am learning how to juggle reading my textbooks, completing my assignments and doing my research with the rest of my life and have lived through it so far!  I love learning and am excited about all that this semester has to offer me! 

9 comments:

Beth

Good to hear from you again! I knew you were taking classes,and I'm trying not to bother you...but we really need a GNO don't ya think?

Anonymous

I am so proud of you for going back to school. It takes a lot of courage to do what your doing! I am here if you need me for anything!

~Kimberly~

"This ain't no hill for a climber!"
And you a clymma! I love you and I hope that made you laugh out loud...real loud! You are such and inspiration.
Miss you~Me!
ps. your blog page looks so nice...love the picture of all you together.

Unknown

If anyone can do it, you my friend, can do it. God has gifted you with the ability to gracefully intertwine many things at once and you will do wonderful. Your blog is a sunny spot on web and you have inspired me to pen a few things myself! Check it out: thebrickhousebunch.blogspot.com.
Love you lots, T....

Tammy

Thanks Tasha, for your sweet and encouraging words. With God on my side, how can I go wrong??!! I am excited to check out your blog - yeah!!!

Tammy

Kimi - you truly did make me laugh out loud! You crack me up!!!! You my friend are the inspiration!! Love and miss you too!

Tammy

Thank you Melissa for always being willing to help! You are awesome!

Tammy

Beth - YES!!!!!! Name the day and time and the place and I will be there! Or, here! Whatever!!!!

Tammy

T,
That's great that you are doing that...it's going to help you in so many ways with teaching your children as well as the ministry the Lord has you being a vessel in! Bless you on your journey, girl!
Love you, Tammy