CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Random Thoughts of the Season!

I haven't posted in a couple of days because I managed to let the battery die on my camera and keep forgetting to charge it! But today, I realized that I don't have to post a picture to blog - silly me! Hopefully, you can forgive me and I will get that battery charged and back to normal my life will be.

I find that every year at this time, the hard thing is to find balance. While I always want to simplify life in general and the commercialization of Christmas specifically, it can be challenging in the world we live in. There are so many wonderful opportunities - parties, outings, get togethers, events, etc. - and many of them honestly focus on family togetherness and the birth of our Lord. I love doing things like this, finding the most meaningful and fulfilling and then getting rid of the rest. Balance. It doesn't come easy. The smallest things can push us off the center of this precarious board. Nevertheless, I do seek to find that right mix and maintain it.

One of my favorite holiday activities is baking with the family. While we haven't started any official holiday baking just yet, lots of little odds and ends have gone on - with a little too much sampling along the way! Some of our favorites for this season are: Pumpkin whoopie pies, Pecan Tassies, Snickerdoodles, Coconut truffles, Homemade Candy, Magic cookie bars, Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies - oh, I just can't wait to get started! What are your favorite cookies/goodies?

Since I have no new pictures, I will leave you with one of my favorite Christmas movie scenes to enjoy:

2 comments:

Beth

well I'm stuck on Tina's Noir Bars. chocolate chip crust, chocolate cream cheese filling topped off with a cappuccino chocolate fudgy rich gooey topping.

Anonymous

I cannot wait to try a "Pumpkin Whoppie Pie"!
You gonna share any of those recipes for those holiday goodies?
I am planning on starting my holiday baking on Monday! I cannot wait to get into my kitchen!