CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude Day 24



I read something today that was so true. This is my take on it. When we get the unexpected check in the mail or a need is miraculously met, it is easy to give thanks. On time provision? Thank you Jesus! Healing? Thank you Jesus! Answered prayer? Thank you Jesus! But, what about the times when the answer that we think should come, doesn't? Are we able to still say Thank you Jesus in spite of our circumstances? I have had one of those weeks (well, months if you want to get technical!) where I have had so many weird things happen that I find myself looking around to see if someone from Candid Camera is following me around! No kidding! I have truly felt like someone was either playing a joke on me or they were just waiting to see if I would still be thankful if ________ happened. Well, I have made up my mind that irregardless of circumstances, answers, silence, WHATEVER - I will be thankful and content in all things. Because it really boils down to a choice of my will. I chose to be thankful when I don't see the provision, when I don't hear His voice, when I don't know the answer. And I can do that, not because there is anything special about me. It is because I trust my God to keep His promises, to take care of me and my family, to meet our needs and to never leave me or forsake me. It truly is about Him and not about me.

So, now that I have gotten that off my chest, here is what I am most thankful for today!

The librarian who finally chose to be kind to me today.

Registering for classes to renew my teaching degree - I am actually excited!

Answered prayers - even the ones that weren't answered the way I thought they should be.

The turkey defrosted!

Homeschooling.

Being a mom - the greatest, most underpaid job in the world - unless of course you count those eternal rewards, hugs, smiles, bonding - never mind, I am grossly overpaid when you think about it!

"But godliness with contentment is great gain."
1 Timothy 6:6

6 comments:

Paris

this is my favorite post of yours. I love it! Thank you for the encouragement- I needed that! Love you!

Beth

I bet it was an Orange County librarian! They are NEVER nice.
My AOG #24
I am thankful that I'm not stessing out about having Thanksgiving here.
I am thankful for easy going days.

Tammy

Beth - it was OC!! There are some that are always nice to me, but this lady NEVER is - it was a miracle!!

Livin' with the North in the South

Everything you said is so true sometimes we just forget it really is not about us, it is about Jesus. Thank you so much for the encouragement! Love You

Anonymous

Thanks for this inspiring post! I needed reminded today that God is here! I'm resting in his promises!

Beth

Thanksgiving Eve......
I am so thankful tonight that I am stress free, worry free, and set free! I am blessed! blessed to have wonderful friends and a fabulous family. Thanks T. for having this little AOG party, it did wonders for me :)