CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Hadassah Day 1 - The Banquet

Each year, Soul's Harbor, a church in Belleview, puts on a conference for mothers and daughters called Hadassah. Hadassah is another name for Esther in the Bible - a young lady who was used of God and was in the kingdom "for such a time as this." She has a beautiful story for our young girls to model their lives after - a better "hero" than any offered by this world we live in! This was our 4th year to attend this event and it was their 5th birthday - and I have to admit, it gets better every year! What a blessing it was, what a time we had and what an awesome opportunity to hang out, just me and my girls, for 3 days!

This year, the conference started on Wednesday night with the formal banquet. The girls get all dressed up in their formal gowns - not for boys, but because they are girls and it is fun to get all dressed up sometimes! I love that they have this chance to be girly and Godly! They serve a wonderfully yummy meal, have entertainment and a guest speaker as well as fellowship with other girls from around the state.



Here are some pics from our evening.

Big sister helping her little sister do her hair. I love this! They are as different as night and day, but they are best friends:


The girls and I at the church - I love the picture in the background!


A fun shot at a beautiful mirror in their prayer room:


We ate dinner with Rebecca (not pictured) and Cheyenne, Sister Debi, April and Kirsten:


The Happy Birthday cupcakes:


Sisters:


Some of my great friends - Kathy and Tasha from Deland and Melissa from Belleview:


Denee and I:


I loved this! One of the young boys from Belleview, who wasn't allowed to stay (girls ONLY!!), left this sweet note. In case you can't read it, it says "girls are pretty"!!


Too cute to not share - MaKenna accidentally slept in her tiara after the banquet, so the next morning I took this picture and told her that "real princesses sleep in their tiaras!!!"


Well, that wraps up the first night. I will get the other 2 days posted soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous

This is beautiful! I love the way you are unraveling the story with the pictures to match =).
You & your girls are such a great blessing and asset to this confrence!
Your examples and spirits emminate among us.
Thank you for your family's contribution to HADASSAH!
Love you guys,
M.LeSage =)