CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

WOW!

I never expected the response to my last blog about my hair! And I surely never intended it to be about whether or not I look young or old, pretty or not - just sharing something new that I tried with all of you! But, thank you for your kind words and thoughts! Here is what I realized over the 3-4 days that it was straight.

~I am still the same inside, no matter what my hair is doing. This may seem basic, but sometimes, we judge others by what we see, forgetting that they are a person inside, no matter how they look on the outside. I guess I just had a "moment" of understanding in a different way than before about the effects of passing judgement based on appearances.

~Sometimes, change feels good! Holly, I think, had the hardest time with the change. She likes things to be predictable and I would find her looking at my hair and call her on it. We had some good talks about the inevitability of some changes and that mixing things up does not have to be bad. I tell you, I think at this point in my life, I can make a spiritual lesson out of Mickey Mouse!!! =D

~The last main thing I learned, I am shocked to be saying here. May none of my old hairdressers find my blog and read my confession. While I did like the change and will try it again sometime, I truly did miss my curls! I was always told as a kid that I would appreciate my hair someday and that people pay lots of money for hair like mine. Well, now I have reached to point where I get that.

0 comments: