CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Saving $$$

Well, life is getting back to normal around here now that I am feeling better. School is back to regular days and life is full and busy and happy. It is hard to believe that the school year is half over already! Holly is almost done with her first year of high school - WOW! I remember that time of my life so clearly and it is hard to believe that I have a child that age! I am not old enough.

Anyway, this post is supposed to be about saving $$$, so I will continue! I have not been to CVS or Walgreens for a week and a half or so, due to busy-ness and sickness, but yesterday, I was back. Here is why you need to participate in the greatness of these deals. I bought 6 boxes of Kelloggs cereal, 4 glade candles, a bag of cough drops, a bottle of children's chewable aspirin and a bottle of dish detergent and I spent $3.44!!!! Here is how it works. On the cereal, I had 3 $1.50/2 coupons, 2 coupons for a free glade candle (if you ever have a problem with a glade candle, let their customer service know - they take care of their customers!) and a coupon for the cough drops free (thanks to my CVS card and the little machine by the front door!). Then, I had CVS Extra bucks money that covered the rest, down to the $3.44! I am going to get more cereal today! Their cereal is on sale this week only for $1.88 a box. Take off the $1.50 coupon on 2 boxes and it is like getting them for $1.13 a box! And yes, they are full size boxes of kinds that you would want to eat!

An important note for those of you who have been doing CVS for a while. They used to always take expired CVS only coupons - including extra bucks. Well, since I haven't been, some of mine (larger amounts) had expired and I was told that last night. She knows me from going in there and went ahead and took them, but be careful from now on to use them before they expire! I almost cried when I thought I couldn't use them - it was $10 worth of "money!!"

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I also got back another $7 in CVS bucks for the next trip! Happy shopping!