CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

God's Love

Today, all over the country, people tend to spend lots of time thinking about hearts, flowers and true love. I got to thinking about the meaning of love the other day and how love is not based on a feeling. Love is a choice. Jesus showed the true meaning of love when he chose to hang on the cross and die for us. It did not feel good and He did not want to hurt, but He chose to do that for us - for Love. It made me realize that Valentine's Day really has a lot to do with Easter. Without Easter, we would not even know the meaning of Love. Love took on flesh and was nailed to a tree, for ME.

We made sure to let each other know how much we love each other around here today, but I hope that my kids and husband do not need a holiday to show them that I love them. I hope that my love for them shows through every day in everything that I do. My love for them is based on choice - just like Jesus' love for me. I don't just love them when they listen and do everything that I ask them to do or when they show their love for me or buy me things. I love them at all times, even when they are unlovable! How much more does Jesus love us?

So, what did you do for Valentine's Day? We spent the day here at home. I made the kids heart shaped pancakes this morning and we made a special dinner tonight - Parmesan broiled tilapia, corn pudding and green beans. For dessert, we made red velvet cupcakes. That was the extent of our day! Just being together truly is enough! I am thankful that we choose to love each other everyday.

0 comments: