CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Thoughts

I received this the other day from a friend and it truly ministered to my heart and made me think. Before I share my thoughts, I'll let you read it...

Attitude

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. "Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "H-M-M," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today."
So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

After reading that, I thought, how do I handle things that come my way that are not as I want them to be? Am I truly Christ-like in my reactions? Do I find joy in knowing that my life is His no matter the circumstances, or do I wallow in self pity? I find myself more and more realizing that I am nothing without Him and that my heart's desire is to be more like Him - for Him to take out of me pride, selfishness, bitterness, etc. and replace it with his love, grace, joy, etc. I will choose obedience to Him and His Word at any cost because of the great love that He has for me. Who am I to question His plan for my life? Do I know better than God what is best for me? I want to choose to trust Him for my everything. I would rather have nothing and allow God to supply me daily, because I believe that He wants me to have something far better than gold, and that is a helpless dependence on Him, that He may provide my needs day by day out of His unseen treasure.

Yes - I really did get all of that out of that little story! And no, I am not totally there yet in what I want to be, but thankfully, I am not what I was either and He isn't finished with me yet!

0 comments: