CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Tribute To...

Our dear friends - the Aslesens. Tuesday we were able to spend the day with them helping clean their house and prepare for moving. Wednesday was the big day, so we popped over long enough to get to say goodbye before they left for Chicago (who wants to move to Chicago, anyway???!!! =P ). I am thankful, because the Lord had his hand on the goodbye and made it so peaceful and gentle - it really just feels like they left for vacation with A LOT of luggage and they will be back soon! Since that is not necessarily true (who knows the Lords plans??), it seems appropriate to take some space and say how thankful I am that the Lord brought our lives together with theirs and how blessed we have been for knowing them. They are an inspiration in their prayer life and worship, they are awesome encouragers - always with a positive word ready for any situation - they know how to have good Godly fun and fellowship, they are soulwinners with a burden for what the Lord wants them to do and they are terrific leaders who will be missed dearly in many ways. My life is better from knowing them! I know that God has great plans for their life and can't wait to see how he uses them next! We had a small get-together for them before they left - here is a group shot of those able to be there:

I know that they are "truly kindred spirits" and that we will remain in touch - through blogging if nothing else!! Our love, thoughts and prayers go with them!

1 comments:

Tammy

Oh my word!! We finally had a chance to see this! Ok, I totally just cried while reading your encouraging words as usual! I miss you so much already and went through complete withdrawal Friday night when I didn't have my sweet sister in Jesus to hug and laugh with. You are a one of a kind in every good way b/c Jesus made you in His image! I love you more than you will ever ever know.

Love,
Tammy