CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

An Archery Lesson

Have you ever read the verse that says: "Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate" (Psalm 127:5). I have often used it in newsletters and other things, because it is so meaningful when you are a parent raising Godly children. I always thought of it like our children are designed by God, put into our home, our "quiver", and we are to mold them so that when they leave us and go into the world and deal with the "enemies in the gate" we will not be ashamed and they will be effective in what God has sent them to do. Well, I read something the other day that made this verse even more clear to me, so I want to share it with you! It talked about how when an archer takes hold of his bow and arrow, the closer that he is able to draw his arrow inward, the further and straighter the arrow will fly. So, by pulling the arrow in as close as possible, he is able to better aim it and send it to its rightful destination. Isn't that so like our children? If we hold them close and teach them diligently while they are young, they will be better able to become what God has intended them to become when we let them fly. Remember, the two most important things we can give our children: Roots and Wings! I pray that this blesses you as it did me!

5 comments:

~Kimberly~

Awesome!! that is so true and it's such a refreshing way that you put it!

You are one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. I love you so much because you love me so much...because, because, because...well, you know. :)

:)You are so smart. I just thought I'd tell you that.

Oh, your new layout is just gorgeous! I love it too. But not in the same way. Hee Hee~~

~Kimberly~

PS. this is fun :)

Tammy

You are so in tune with Jesus! What a beautiful layout...I want to be like you when I grow up!

I really mean that.

Love you! (Brian is with a y);-)~

~Kimberly~

What!?!? what did you do to your other layout? Where did it go?

Oh well, I like the new one too.

Love you~Kimi

Anonymous

Nice blog!! had to update my own!!
Beth :)