CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Little Background Info

On the chance that you have found us not knowing who we are or maybe we've been out of touch for a while, here's a little background on our family. Our family is a place where God is the center of everything we do and we live to serve Him in any way that He would have us to. Neither Mark nor I was living for God when we got married. One day, a friend told me about the grace of God and what my life would be like without Him. Thankfully, the Lord moved on my heart and I felt His Spirit tugging at me, knowing that my life was lacking something. Mark and I visited several churches before knowing that we were home at the Pentecostals of Apopka, where we have been for the past 15 years now! (And that friend who shared God's love with me so sensitively is still today my very best friend!!) Since then, we have had our lives change slowly yet consistently by submitting our flesh to His will and turning away from what the world calls normal. I happily give myself to Him, knowing that without Him, I am nothing. Quite honestly, it is often a daily process and renewal of His Spirit in my life - I am not perfect and never will be, but by His grace, I am forgiven when I submit to Him! It is liberating to submit your will and know that the Lord of all is in control of your life.

Over the course of these years, we have been blessed with 3 children. Holly is our firstborn followed by MaKenna and finally Caleb. Each of them is as unique as can be and I know that God has a mighty plan for thier lives. It is exciting to see that plan begin to unfold as they grow up. They are Bible Quizzers who spend countless hours memorizing God's forever settled Word, homeschooled from birth, members of choirs and bands at church and talented in countless ways. In spite of all their gifts, yes they do still have a tendency to behave as "typical" brothers and sisters at times!!

Mark and I are blessed to help lead 2 exciting ministries - Kids Connection, our Wednesday night children's church, and Junior Bible Quizzing. They are dynamic, inspirational and exciting ministries to be a part of. Working with children is a burden God put on our hearts many years ago and it is an honor and a joy that He enables us to do. We are blessed by being a part of their lives! Other than church, we love to just be together, whether playing a game, reading, watching a movie, going to the park/mall/Walmart/____(fill in the blank)! So, that's a little taste of who we are! Hopefully, you'll stop back soon and often.